Thursday, July 26, 2007

How Far Would You Go to Shop for Free?

I got this information via email, along with the photos, so I have no idea if they are copyright protected or if the information is accurate. A quick search did not return relevant enough information.
St. Petersburg (Russia), The "Glamour" magazine organized a high-heel sprint where women had to run wearing shoes with a minimum height of 3.5 inches to win a shopping voucher worth $2,000.
As you can see here, it wasn't what I'd call a breeze. These women were subdued to quite a lot of pain, I imagine, both from running and falling down.
According to this site and this video, the same thing was organized in Amsterdam, for 10,000 EUR this time. To be honest, I would not try it! I am not that desperate for freebies to take the pain. Would you?

5 comments:

Sou said...

Well I difinitely would not go through it either.. I am not a fan of high heels to begin with not to mention running in it.. Ouch

Bliar said...

Bunch of dead beeds if you asked me

Alina said...

Sarah, me either...Then again, 10,000 Euros is a bit more than my car :)

Bliar, a little too harsh, don't you think? Does anyone know what the average salary is in Russia? I have a small hunch is way under 2000 USD.

Safiya, yes, to some extent, it does. But it is just a contest with a pretty significant award. It would be like asking men to run in business suites. I still think they'd do it!

Zu said...

I've heard about it, so I guess it's for real.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it but... actually... "never say never" :-).

Alina said...

Zu, you are probably right. For the right reason, anyone could eventually take part in such an event.