Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Skateboards, my loves

Why I love skateboards that much? Well easy! As I was growing up, up until secondary when we rediscovered ourselves, girls and boys had a golden rule of never mixing. Why was that an issue to me? Well, I liked football, tennis, climbing trees and other such "girlie" things. And I had a hard time convincing boys to let me play. And all this lasted until my step dead got me my first skateboard! It was cool, with incredible colors and none of us knew how to use it. But because I was the privileged one on our block, I was allowed to play with boys.

Now when I look at what skateboards are available, I am seriously taken aback. And look at the names, it's like talking about spaceships: California Advanced CAB 20 Scream Complete Skateboard, or Sector 9 38" Trylam Professional Longboard Deck Only, or Remote Control Raptor 2.2 Electric Skateboard (this one is my absolute favorite). And if this is not enough, you have some cool skateboarding equipment to help you practice, again with futuristic names: Factor X Quarter Pipe and Razor Punk Ramp.

These all look extremely addictive and if you have time to look, the prices are not that high. Especially when I compare them with what they used to cost here when I was a kid.

No comments: