Monday, May 29, 2006

Minor details

I love the beauty salon, generally speaking. I love the pampering feeling of doing things for your self, to look better and mainly to feel better. With one exception: going home after a facial!

I am sure you know it! Your face looks like a red monkey’s ass…Yes it will look perfect the next morning and your know is glowing due to such cleanliness, and if the lights went off it would probably shine as bright as a light bulb, but still…You have to face all those people staring at you and wondering “poor thing, what in the world happened to her face?”…

The salon is only five minutes away from our place, you get there in no time, but the way back seems so impossibly long…And of course on this abnormal day, 20 degrees plus in February that announce no good, well on this day all the world is out having a walk! All of them pass by me, looking at me and wondering. I look the other side and continue my long, painful journey home…

I finally get there just to realize it is already 6 something PM and he is about to come home… To see me looking like this! OMG!

Speaking of men seeing you in such circumstances, I have another point to make…We see lots of pictures about deserted islands with people who are lost there…Isn’t it amazing how they all have toothbrushes and look so clean after washing their clothes with just some water? Why does their hair (I mostly mean women here) grow all over their body? Why don’t they ever face such issues? Because it is not pretty, it is not attractive, it is not something to keep you watching tv?

Well, I think it makes the show real, human and all that! Just like it happened to Desperate Housewives when one of the characters was shaving her legs in the Jacuzzi. These are “minor” problems women sometimes obsess about: the beach weekend has to be planned around the waxing appointment, so does the summer vacation! It is also very important to help you decide what to wear on different occasions…

Some think we do these stuffs, facials, waxing, dying our hair, mostly to be more attractive/appealing to men. I think it is not this! Unless we had invented them, men could not care less! It is our own strive for perfection in every aspect! We are the ones having a hard time dealing with our own hairy parts (and a great part of us think the same think about men – if you are wondering, no we do no thing is gay if you extend your shaving in the area under your arm, you know it, yes, exactly, there!) and we make up more and more things to do to preserve our youthful state. Such are girls and later on, such are women!
posted by Alina

Comments:

Sarah:
Well Alina, I know exactly what you are talking about my greatest feeling ever is after I get a facial or when I am leaving my beauty saloon knowing that I am cleaner and softer than I was. Talking about perfection I am that. I am not doing it to please anyone but myself. I mean I am veiled and yet waxing is inevitable for ME's sake, which is more important than anything.
I like the feeling.. I am going to do it in a couple of days cannot wait..
:0)

Safiya said...

I think as women we do so much to ouselves and we all live in fear of returning to our natural state, I'd have visions of myself walking round with a handle-bar moustache and two caterpillars for eyebrows.

As for t.v programmes when they're on desert islands, what I want to know is, what do they do about sanitary products? Was the plane also carrying a cargo of Always or something? If that were me, it would be a major trauma situation especially with no painkillers!

Anyway my skin has been looking dreadful of late, so I think I need a facial (Confession: I've never had one before).

See, this is why a girls' only blog is good, you can discuss the important issues ;)

Sarah said...

Safiya: Facials are an absloute must, it will make you feel super about yourselfbut caution once you started you would know what you have been missing and you WONT BE ABLE TO STOP..
However it is a bliss..
girl's blog or not.. just speak your heart out and ignore the rest of the crowd..

Oh by the way.. would you like to be part of the club ??

Alina said...

Sarah, very true! I love pleasing myself first of all!

Safiya, I am not afraid of my natural state, I just hate it sometimes. Certain hairs on my body might be natural but I still have a personal war against them...And if you think what a natural state is for kids, it is pretty much hairless..

The Always issue, that I congratulate you on! Forgot about it! I think they forget about it! Although, I remember this was a pretty big deal in Blue Lagune, as a means to scare an unknowing girl, but they stopped at that and didn't show her solution! Maybe she just stayed in the water the whole time! :D

Safiya said...

Sarah: Thank you very much, Invitation accepted (if that's ok with the other ladies).
Is there some sort of initiation process? ;)

Alina said...

Of course there is: you must drink the juice of two lizard tails! :))

Sarah said...

Alina:
Do not forget that the lizards MUST BE SINGLE for the rituals to be complete :0)

Safiya: Will send you an invitation dear as soon as I can…

Welcome on board..
Cheers.

Sarah said...

Oh Darn
Safyia:
I need your email address to send you an invitation..

If you do not want to post it here send it to me on

abc@gmail.com

pamela said...

i just got a pedicure today and it was wonderfully relaxing. nothing more important than pampering ourselves. :)

No comments: