Monday, May 29, 2006

Reasons to be Cheerful: A Week off Work

This week off feels so well-earned too. After a few weeks working hours that are politely described as "unsociable", to have a whole seven days to myself feels like such a treat. However, having spent two weeks stuck in the work/sleep cycle means that I have a few things to do first. Like rectify the fact the house looks like it's been taking over by a heap-making monster who has left piles of washing, paperwork and general clutter in its wake. Also normalise the realtionship with my cats so they will sit on my lap sometimes instead of just sitting on me all the time in a "Don't leave us!" fashion.

Then it's catching up with all the people I haven't had time to see and going to all the appointments for stuff that I haven't had time to sort out in work (including the dentist, what joy!). Meanwhile having to adjust my bodyclock back so I don't spend the whole week wearing pyjamas and watching bad tv because the only time I'm awake is when everyone else is asleep. Plus there's all the reading I want to catch up with. Suddenly seven days doesn't seem like such a long time. I'll have to make time to read that time management book I haven't had chance to read yet.....

I probably should have done the introduction bit at the start, anyway thank you for letting me join your blog, I'm Safiya and this is my first post. I hope you all like it or at least find it passes the time before lunch/while you're waiting for your coffee to cool down so you can drink it/when your boss is around and you have to look busy or what ever else.
posted by Safiya

Comments:
Alina said...

Welcome, Safyia! I had the same problem with my week of a while ago! At first, it seemed such a long time, then it turned into an I-don't-know-what-to-do-first period!

doshar said...

hello safiya! time management book!! i have about 2!! and have not been able to manage the time to read them. you think when we read them things will get better?

Safiya said...

We can only hope Doshar ;)

No comments: