Monday, May 29, 2006

The most dangerous type

A while back, I had gone on this little hike (if we can call it that, we were mostly in our cars!) to wady degla with a friend. We were going among a big group of well over 100 people to have some sort of barbecue there. most of them were people my friend R knows, she used to go to these things all the time with them, for me, most of them I had never met before. when we got there, we all kind of started to mingle, and this guy, more or less sat with us all the time, it was the first time i meet him, yet he kept on asking me all type of questions about myself, for me.. it seemed like a not very successful attempt of flirting with me or hitting on me or something. Anyways, I was not interested in the least, but was really surprised with his attitude.
talking to my friend a little later, she went like: yeah him, he is married! newly wed actually. only 5 months ago!

of course he was not wearing a ring, and did not bring his wife. But it made me really surprised, why are you hitting on girls when you are married?
she told me that this is his regular attitude with girls. he likes to flirt and show inerest, wether he means it or not. She told me she had thought he had a major crush on her because of the way he always treated her, and was shocked to hear one day that it was his katb ketab (wedding ceremony).

"Thank God I did not like him, if his methods had worked, I probably would have been really hurt."

He suddenly reminded me of a heart breaking missle launcher, just without ammo. He aimed, and shot his missles, but thank God, his missles were blank, because he had no charm really.

I was thinking, what he is doing is wrong, but thank God, he is not that dangerous.

there are two other types though:


one type has a missle launcher that is laoded and has considerable power, but they are obvious... they are noisy launchers.. and you get chance to take cover. these are guys who are obvious heartbreaker playboy types. the ones that put you on gaurd... you know this guy can be dangerous. yet those are still easier to handle than the final type.

the last type, the most dangerous type, are the ones who have the silencer on. you never see it coming.

they appear genuinely like the nicest people you can meet. People with ehtics, decent, that would not break your heart. yet, they can be the worst... they are just wolves in sheep skin. you meet them, trust them, and let down your gaurd. Then boom, the missle can strike home, and you are shocked really. The thing is... they say... if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck... it probably is a duck.... yet here it walks like a duck... talks like a duck.... yet hunts like a hawk. very difficult to spot those except if you know some of their history. that is why... when I meet nice guys now... I still keep my gaurd up... sorry... you are not innocent till proven guilty. yet you are not guilty either till proven innocent. you are undecided.
posted by doshar

Comments:
Safiya said...

I feel sorry for the wife of that man.

I have one particular type of guy I don't like: the sort who plays games. To use an advertising slogan : Tricks are for kids!.

Maxxed`ouT said... i wonder where the honest true ones fit in ur lil' calssification there
doshar said...

yeah safiya, i felt sorry for her too.

maxxed out, the honest true ones do not fit in this classification at all, because this is not a classification of guys in general, just the heart break missle launchers, those are the ones i was classifying.

i know there are some nice guys out there, i am not that pessimistic, it is just sometimes hard to pick them out.


No comments: